736. Having a piece of bread and taking another is a sign some one is
Maine, New York, and Pennsylvania.
737. If you drop a slice of bread with the buttered side up, it is a sign
of a ...
795. Green glass beads worn about the neck will prevent or cure
796. Gold beads were formerly a protection against the King's Evil
(scrofula), and nearly every maiden and m...
816. To keep fire always burning on the hearth will prevent cholera among
817. If a fish-hook pierces the hand, stick it three times into wood, in
the name of the Trinity, to prevent...
836. Rub the hands with the first snow that falls and you'll not have
sore hands all winter.
837. On Ash Wednesday before sunrise dip a pail of water in a running
brook (up stream), bottle it...