94. When a child loses a tooth, if the tongue is not put into the cavity
a gold tooth will come in place of it.
New York and Northern Ohio.
95. The ideas of children about the significance of color are ...
101. If a person is very handsome, it is a sign that he will have one of
the infectious diseases of childhood (measles, whooping cough, etc.) more
102. Dimple in chin.
103. A dimple in the chin is lucky. Some say it shows you're no fool.
104. A dimple is the mark left by the angel's finger in turning up the...
105. Small ears indicate that a person is stingy. Large ones show that he
106. Large ears are a mark of a liar. Small ears show that one is truthful.
Eyes And Eyebrows
109. Hazel eyes betoken a good disposition.
110. If your eyebrows meet, you will be rich.
Somerville and Bedford, Mass.
111. A well-known children's rhyme runs:--
115. Always keep your nails clean and you will be rich.
116. A white spot in the nail, when it comes, means a present. You get the
present when it grows to the end and is cut.
120. If your instep is high enough to have water flow under it, you are
of good descent.
121. A mole on the sole of the left foot means trouble and hardships
122. If there is a blue vein in the child's forehead extending down upon
the nose, it is one of the surest signs of early death.
Maine and Massachusetts.
123. Vertical wrinkles in the brow show the numb...
124. Coarse hair indicates good nature; fine hair quick temper.
125. Red hair indicates a spit-fire.
Massachusetts and Chestertown, Md.
126. Beware of that man,
138. A straight line in the palm of the hand is an omen of early death.
139. The letter formed by the veins on the inside of the wrist is the
initial of the name of the future husband or ...
148. A mole on the eyebrow denotes that one will be hanged. On the ear it
denotes that he will be drowned.
149. Mole above breath
150. Moles on the neck,
156. A vein across the nose is an omen of short life.
General in the United States.