883. To cure a wart, grease it with stolen bacon, and hide the latter.
884. Split a bean and put one half on the wart, one half in the ground,
and at the end of the week dig up the latter; place on the wart with t...
930. As the days begin to lengthen,
So the cold begins to strengthen.
Northeastern United States and Canada.
931. Fire spitting sparks means cold weather.
932. If the fi...
Days And Times
936. The first Tuesday after the new moon settles the weather for that
937. If it is a fair sunset Friday night, it will rain before Monday.
938. If i...
Fair Or Foul
962. Of a change:--
Long looked for
963. From twelve till two
Tells what the day will do.
990. When the moon is on the back, it denotes weather wet or mild; when
on the end, it denotes frost.
991. Should the new moon lie on its back, it is a sign it will be dry
that month, for...
1003. A load of barrels foretells wet weather.
1004. When the Brothers (Catholic theological students) turn out in a
procession it will rain soon.