Category: Physical Characteristics
124. Coarse hair indicates good nature; fine hair quick temper.
125. Red hair indicates a spit-fire.
Massachusetts and Chestertown, Md.
126. Beware of that man,
Be he friend or brother,
Whose hair is one color
And moustache another.
127. The color of the hair growing on the neck indicates the color of the
hair of one's future husband.
128. A single white hair means genius; it must not be pulled out.
129. If you pull out a white hair, two will come in its place.
Somewhat general in the United States.
130. Hair growing upon the upper lip of a woman means riches.
131. The point formed by the hair growing on the forehead is called A
132. When a woman's hair parts where it should not, it is a sure sign she
will be a widow.
133. Draw a single hair from the head strongly between the thumb and
finger-nail. If it curls up, you are proud.
St. John, N.B., and Prince Edward Island.
The same result indicates that you are cross.
134. Hairy arms mean wealth.
135. Hairy arms mean strength.
General in the United States.
136. Scrape the finger-nail and the thumb-nail along a hair, and if, by
the third time, it curls up, the owner is high-tempered.
137. Put some of your hair in the fire. If it burns slowly you will have
a long life. If quickly, a short one.