644. It is unlucky to pass salt across the table.
645. Spilling salt is unlucky; throw some over your left shoulder, or
burn a pinch to avert ill luck.
646. It is bad luck to spill salt unless it is burned.
647. If you spill salt, throw some over your left shoulder, and then
crawl under one side of the table and come out on the other, to prevent
Bucks Co., Pa.
648. Spilling salt at table is ill luck to the one towards whom it is
649. If you spill salt, you will have a whipping.
New England and Canada.