194. If a girl puts a two-leaved clover in her shoe, the first man who
comes on the side where the clover is will be her future husband.
195. Put a four-leaved clover in your shoe, and you will marry a man
having the first name of the man whom you meet first after doing it.
Province of Quebec.
196. With a four-leaved clover in your shoe, you will meet your lover.
197. If the finder of a four-leaved clover put it in her own shoe, she
will marry the first person with whom she crosses a bridge.
198. Put a four-leaved clover over the door. The first person to pass
beneath will be your future mate.
Newport, R.I., and Michigan.