1. The bairn that is born on fair Sunday
Is bonny and loving, and blithe and gay.
Monday's bairn is fair in the face,
Tuesday's bairn is full of grace,
Wednesday's bairn is loving and giving,
Thursday's bairn works hard for a living,
Friday's bairn is a child of woe,
Saturday's bairn has far to go.
2. Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is sour and sad,
Thursday's child is merry and glad,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child must work for a living;
But the child that is born on the Sabbath day
Is blithe and bonny, good and gay.
(Some put it, Sunday's child shall never know want.)
3. He who is born on New Year's morn
Will have his own way as sure as you're born.
4. He who is born on an Easter morn
Shall never know want, or care, or harm.
5. A child born on a saint's day must bear the saint's name. It is
unlucky to take away the day from it.
6. Thursday has one lucky hour, just before sunrise, for birth.